Thursday 10 April 2008

Moonshot The Game

I was given Moonshot The Game as a birthday present back in the late 1990s. It cropped up in conversation recently with a friend, but I couldn't find anything on the Internet to illustrate the conversation. So I decided to put up some information myself. And it is relevant to this blog in a manner of speaking. I later discovered that the game was renamed Tranquillity Base, and is available from History in Action Game at The Galactic Attic.

I have a limited edition of the game, signed
by the its designer, Van Overbay. The box contains a board, four LM playing pieces, 28 NASA mission patches, and 180 cards of various types. The object of the game is to be the first to complete six missions - Mercury, Gemini or Apollo - and land on the Moon.

The box.

The board - plus playing pieces, some mission patches and some cards.

A few of of the 180 cards.

The designer's signature.

No comments: